Monday, March 11, 2013

product profile: floral wallpaper

As some of you already know, I'm not exactly a floral person. In the early 90's my mother gave me what every little girl dreamed of: a Laura Ashley inspired bedroom. Unfortunately, I was too busy shooting hoops in my reebok pumps and playing pogs to fully appreciate my floral upholstered headboard, canopy and matching window treatments. Mom, if you're reading this, the pink bow wallpaper you gave me was way more sophisticated than the black and turquoise paint that I wanted to use. I'm also sorry I tried to cover it up  accessorize with Orlando Magic NBA posters. Better late than never, right?

Funny how things come full circle. Remember this post? Well, I'm still dying to use the Cole & Sons hummingbird wallpaper (below) in my house.  


We don't have any little girls' rooms to decorate just yet and our walls are textured so I'm going to have to come up with a creative way to display it. For us it's going to be impossible to wallpaper a large room (and I'm not ready for such a big commitment) so I will shift my focus to smaller spaces: the powder room, my office, our guest rooms.  Here are a few of my inspirations (all photos via). 


I take a more organic approach to floral, perhaps some of that tomboy has stayed with me. 


Bathrooms just might be my favorite room to wallpaper. Love this marble + mint combo. 

Even though I don't believe in "accent walls" having the pattern run only behind the bed adds so much personality and interest to this otherwise white room. 

I am loving the idea of panels. 

I'm not sure if it's the fact that they have a chair rail or that incredible chandelier but this floral room is stunning. 

To find out how I have decided to use the Cole & Sons wallpaper in my own home, stay tuned for the phDesign post tomorrow! 

Photobucket

No comments: