Thursday, March 7, 2013

little black book: Tory Burch


Who doesn't love Tory? I mean, she built a $500 million brand in seven years, is stunningly beautiful and rather than boastful seems actually humbled by her success. Not to mention her designs are always spot on. From iconic flats to pattern mixing perfection she can almost do no wrong. What I love most about her though is the philosophy that drives her: a passion to make luxurious things affordable, but not cheap. I couldn't agree more. 

For these reasons I chose Tory for my first Little Black Design book post. I know she isn't an interior designer but the woman has impeccable taste and not only does it show in her own clothing line but it's evident in her real estate as well. I read three articles (here, here and here) and compiled an interview that hopefully gives you a little insight into Tory as a designer and as a woman. I've also featured my favorite rooms in some of her spectacular homes.


Even though she is a woman unafraid of color her style is still very traditional. I love the way she mixes timeless elements with more modern hues, it comes across very chic and eclectic. From black and white floors to endless patterns I adore the bold choices she made in both her NY apartment and North Hampton home. 







Photobucket

*please note: the responses in this interview are an interpretation of content in three separate articles and were not supplied by Tory or her team. 

No comments: