Tuesday, March 26, 2013

phDesign: twin bed guest room


My husband and I are SUPER excited about having some incredible houseguests this coming month. Three of our favorite couples are coming to visit us here in Texas and we want to make sure our house is ready. When we initially moved to Texas one of our first purchases was a new king bed, allowing us to use my almost-new queen for our guest room. 

One queen isn't going to cut it. We knew we needed to turn our 3rd bedroom into a guest room until we decide to have kids but we didn't want to invest in another huge bed. We compromised with twin beds so that we can eventually turn them into a daybed with a trundle and/or our children can sleep on them. Since this room is going to serve multiple purposes over the years we can't over decorate or over spend. 



Time to find some inspiration. It's no secret I'm in love with wallpaper and with white walls and cream carpet we NEED some pattern and color in this room. I am loving the way this (above) twin bedroom utilizes pattern without having to paper the entire room. Twin headboards aren't in the budget so I need to get creative. 

Here's what I have for the room so far:  



{mercury glass gold+silver lamp, similar} 




{monogram RH standard shams in celery}


{circular gold mini mirror, similar} 




{wood night stand, similar}



During my trip to Chicago I stopped in a Paper Source and was immediately inspired by all of the incredible patterns and colors of their fine paper. It's not wallpaper but could easily be used with wallpaper adhesive on a board to mimic the look (get ready for a DIY post in a few weeks). I'm really having trouble deciding what pattern to use, so I need your help. 


{silver}

{gold} 

{coral floral}

{fun fucshia}

{coral dot} 


Which one do you like best?   Cast your vote below! 


Photobucket

3 comments:

K Stalls said...

KMS Vote : Coral Floral

Beth Anne said...

Normally I'd say fun fuchsia (obviously). But with the sheets and white walls I'm loving the coral floral!

Jess said...

CORAL FLORAL ;)