Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Merch mart: highlights

I had so much fun in Chicago. You know you're in the right business when work feels like play time. There was a ton to see at the Mart and since it was snow-raining (yes, that is a word in the midwest) outside I was happy to take my time. Here are a few highlights from my trip:


Absolutely love all of the color. It's so nice to be met with bright, cheerful hues when you come in from the cold and gray. Also saw a lot of black and white for spring. I am thinking about that chevron box for our cocktail table- a perfect hiding place for ugly tv remotes!


Couldn't get enough metallic tones and neutrals. Brass and gold are popular and neutrals done in a textured fabric to add interest were my favorite.


I even paid attention to the small stuff. I want the collection at Copper + Walnut to stand out as one that concentrates on the details. From superior furniture construction to character-enhancing accessories, I shall leave no stone unturned! Now, back to warm and sunny Texas.



No comments: