Monday, June 4, 2012

manic monday: sheet rock n' roll


I apologize for the recent radio silence, as you can see we are moving right along! The exterior hasn't changed much at this stage, but the entire interior is completely sheet rocked. I took the picture above while standing in the kitchen looking out at our family room and side yard. Coming from an apartment with only one window, I'm loving all of the natural light. The fireplace was an "extra" but I already can't wait to hang stockings from the mantle and enjoy a beautiful wood burning fire on Christmas Eve.

A funny side note, when I walked in to the house to take this picture the workmen were rocking out to some awesome spanish tunes. One in particular (must have been the pop star of the crew) was singing literally at the top of his lungs. He was so into the music it wasn't until the chorus, calling for a slight shimmy, that he swung around and realize he had an audience. I caught him by complete surprise but applauded immediately following his performance. A great moment.

I try to stop by the house every couple of days at this point since the walls are now officially closed up and most of the major decisions have been made. This paid off when I discovered they had forgotten to wire for our pendant lights over the island. Luckily, this was a quick fix that my contractor took care of right away but had we been further in the process it could have really set us back. Once the wood floors go down we will start getting into the customizable details, at which time I will no doubt pitch a tent in the front yard. Until then, I'm going to focus my excitement on the arrival of my husband this coming weekend! Back from a year long deployment I can't wait to see him and show him our new home!!

Next stop: more inspiration boards!

2 comments:

ELLEN SCHNEIDER said...

Have fun celebrating this weekend... So nice you two will finaly be in the same place :)

Copper + Walnut said...

Thanks Ellen! And I really appreciate you following the blog :) Enjoy the weekend with your Mom.