Tuesday, May 29, 2012

manic monday: the walls are closing in

After a few last minute requests via frantic phone call to my contractor, I think I'm finally ready for the sheet rock. I'm nervous and hopeful that I didn't forget anything because once those walls go up there is no turning back! Luckily, I had a fabulous inspector with me during my frame walk and he made sure I didn't overlook anything major.

If I can give any advice it would be to have the interior layout of your home done at this point. It sounds a bit crazy I know, but I was able to pinpoint exactly where I wanted extra backing (wood 2x4s) in the walls so that when we go to hang something heavy we are sure to secure it to wood, not just sheetrock. This step was essential for our wall-mounted tv, art and mirrors, shelves and window treatments.

Next stop: brick & mortar!


No comments: