Tuesday, June 19, 2012

manic monday: she's a brick....house


Missed my cue yesterday, sorry. The man in my life returned and I got caught up in finally getting to show him our little investment in person. Luckily, he loved it. As you can see we finally have a brick house! Shutters and landscaping will turn this basic exterior into something more unique, but for now I am enjoying the timeless neutrality of our choice.


One of my favorite features, as I've mentioned before, is our walkout backyard. Finding a flat lot to build a new house on is rare here in San Antonio so I am ecstatic that we can have a great patio for grilling and mingling rather than a multi-layered deck.

Now that the brick is up I want to reiterate an earlier piece of advice that I gave, but this time about the exterior rather than the interior. Keeping it simple and classic in our price point has already set our home apart from the others in our neighborhood. There was an option to add stone facade to portions of our home and decorative faux accents but we declined. This may make our home seem boring to some, but in my opinion it will end up looking well put-together and classic once we get the accents up and landscaping done. From an investment standpoint this will hopefully add value to our bottom line without causing us to go broke in the process.

No comments: