Thursday, April 4, 2013

little black book: Nate Berkus

This just arrived on my doorstep and I couldn't be more excited.


I have so much love for Nate Berkus. To begin with, he's from the Midwest {more specifically the great state of Minnesota, but I'm bias}. He rose to fame on the Oprah show and creates an incredible price-conscious line of high-design home goods for Target. He successfully headlined a spin-off talk show has worked behind the scenes on numerous projects to include executive producer of The Help. Did I mention that he's absolutely adorable? Finally, his design mantra could not be more in line with my own. I wouldn't say that we have the exact same taste or style but it all comes from the same place: the desire to create a collected home full of nostalgia and love. 



That is my favorite excerpt from his new book, The Things That Matter, and below are a few more tidbits from this interview that I found pertinent about the fabulous Mr. Nate Berkus. 


I've recently used a few pieces of his Target collection in my own home. The attention to design and detail makes this lower priced line perfect when I can't spend top dollar on a custom item. My absolute, hands down favorite are these drapes. The embroidered pattern adds texture and weight while the modified loop hanging method gives the illusion of pleats without using pins or an advanced track system. I paired them with some basic pottery barn poles and can't tell you how thrilled I am with these panels. Not to mention they are under $25 a piece!





Happy Thursday!  

Photobucket

No comments: