Saturday, July 28, 2012

rug at first sight

Well, my husband and I fell in love over the weekend. Not with each other (that, luckily, has already been accomplished) but with a clearance rug at pottery barn. We arrived at the store with draperies on our shopping list and left with a herringbone, chenille & jute combo, 8 x 10 rug. Spent under $400 so I'll consider this purchase a win.

Once we got home and laid the rug down our love at first sight quickly became deep and long-term. While it's perfect for our space the family room can only take so much beige, so I will need to choose a different throw pillow fabric. I had planned to use the rug as a color source but the herringbone is fabulously classic and works perfectly with our travertine fireplace. No regrets but it's back to the pillow drawing board.

via (no longer available online)
I have to admit that I've become a bit less neurotic about the design details lately. I'm trying to be more flexible and if my husband and I stumble upon something that we "love" we purchase it and worry about the details later. Those who know me know that I like to attack a project with an organized game plan but I have to admit that doing it this way results in an eclectic compilation of things we BOTH love and truley make this place feel less like a house and more like our home.

Don't worry, I've still got a sick obsession with inspiration boards and to-do lists. That will never change.

No comments: