Monday, July 23, 2012

damask winner!


The winner of the "damask if I do, damask if I don't" contest is...drum roll please...


# 3! The Light Gray Quilted Medallion Damask!!!


I learned a very important lesson making the selection: never trust the Internet to be an accurate representation of color when it comes to fabric. Above is the sample that is published on the manufacturers website. Here is what the fabric ACTUALLY looks like:

Even with a camera it's hard to really capture the color.

What I thought was a light gray background is actually more of an off-white and what looked like a dark gray print is more of a silver/gold/taupe metallic. Luckily, it will be the perfect blend between our creamy travertine fireplace tile, off-white walls and gray accents we plan to use in the room.

Fireplace tiles.

I hope to choose a second, more modern pattern to accent these pillows down the road. I really like a relaxed, more eclectic look rather than a sofa and pillows perfectly matched. Stay tuned for that selection as well as some "before-and-afters" of our bathrooms. The tile floors are almost done!

For the next week you can find me unpacking boxes. If I never see cardboard again, it will be too soon.


No comments: