Thursday, May 10, 2012

wine and dine me


To kick off the slew of inspiration that is about to come your way, I wanted to start in the middle. Literally. Our dining room is located in the heart of our home and must provide a seamless transition between our family room and kitchen. While an open floor plan is ideal, it can be a challenge to coordinate the elements of three very distinct spaces without it coming across too matchy-matchy. These boards are not exact but they do provide a place to begin. Here's what I've come up with so far:

Floors: We have chosen a dark hardwood throughout the first level of our home.

Walls: The walls will be white with white crown molding.

Chairs: Metal cafe chairs from gilt.com (I was super excited to find these, remember?)

Chandelier: In my dreams. As this is an inspiration board, the one pictured is not within our budget (tear). I will, however, scour the web until I find its less expensive cousin.

Mirror: For some reason I feel it's a requirement to have a mirror in your dining space. I think it's because I grew up with one, but I also love the way it reflects a low lit chandelier during an intimate meal or soiree.

Buffet: It's time to get a little creative. This piece is currently in our bedroom but since we are receiving the priceless gift of his/her closets (hallelujah) we will no longer need a dresser. It coordinates with the color story in this room and will provide valuable storage for linens n' things. I swapped out the original bronze hardware a few years back and replaced it with simple, silver knobs.

China, Candle Sticks, Vase: These were wedding presents that I am dying to take out of the box and finally use.

Just looking at this makes me want to throw a dinner party. Anyone planning to be in the San Antonio area in say, July?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would love to know where I can find a brass finial for a bannister.In the shape of a pineapple

Copper + Walnut said...

Hi! I would recommend checking ebay and etsy since a brass finial isn't exactly a popular reproduction item at this point. There are many vintage pieces out there though! Otherwise, amazon seems to come up with the most options after doing a simple search: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Dtools&field-keywords=pineapple+finial. Another option would be to use a brass faux finish on the wooden finial that I purchased at Vandykes (see the post before and after: staircase). Hope this helps and thanks for reading!