Friday, December 14, 2012

holiday tablescape

I'm so excited. This is the first holiday season my husband and I have a dining table so, naturally, I've got three dinner parties on the books. Thankfully the Barefoot Contessa was available to help me plan the menu but when it came to my tabletop I was in need of inspiration. Feining for luxurious neutrals, I turned to the fabulous design blog Sacramento Street. I'm obsessed with the way Caitlin uses neutrals to create traditional settings. White can often take on a more modern feel but she manages to keep it current yet timeless.

As luck would have it she recently created a wonderful tablescape for a contest put on by the monogram king Mark + Graham (a perfect place to purchase hostess gifts, btw). From the flower arrangement to the antlers, it's perfect for my holiday entertaining.




Tip: To make neutrals more sophisticated and luxurious, layer them. You don't need "pops of color" or crazy patterns to make a room feel interesting. A few strategic accessories will complete and ground your look, like the black and gold charger plates above.

* This advice came recently from an interior designer I know well regarding my own home. Thanks Mom!

No comments: