Wednesday, February 27, 2013

oscar worthy interiors


As I've said before I believe fashion inspires interiors and interiors inspire fashion. The first glimpse of a red carpet star all dolled-up and that feeling you get when you walk into a well-styled room are similar in my mind. So, instead of a best dressed list I've chosen some of my favorite gowns and paired them with cooresponding interiors.  

Amy Adams




Let's be honest, this duvet would have been the obvious choice, but I'm not going for a doppelgänger here, just a space that evokes a similar feeling. 


Beyond the gorgeous waterfall of fabric cascading down Amy's gown, the princess style and sweetheart cut of this dress is very formal and traditional. 



Jessica Chastain




 If I close my eyes and think of what a movie star should look like, this is it. Channeling old Hollywood glamour this nude and gold space is both timeless and glam, all that's missing is a red lip. 



Salma Hayek 



This pick was a surprise to me, and I think she killed it. Salma usually opts to show off her best "assets" but with this 90's inspired high neckline and sleek velvet bodice she was sexy in a much more demure way. It's no surprise Ralph Lauren chose the same black and gold combination for his study.  



Jennifer Lawrence



Jennifer is so endearing and personable with {not to mention} one of the hottest bodies in Hollywood she could wear a paper bag and look gorgeous. While this dress wasn't my favorite of all her award show choices it's nice to see a younger actress choose something so traditional and timeless. 



via 

Amanda Seyfried 



High necklines are back! This was apparently made specifically for Ms. Seyfried and with good reason, she looks incredible. Pale lavender is gorgeous with her coloring and, to me, the gold pattern adds a bit of asian flare. 


Naomi Watts



I want to look this good after having two kids. This dress is a true piece of art and fits her body perfectly.  It's a little unexpected and very on trend with the shimmer and cut outs. 



Charlize Theron



I saved my favorite for last. Talk about statuesque, the structure of this peplum gown only enhances the chiseled yet feminine physique underneath.  Not to mention, the girl can rock short hair like I've never seen. She's sleek, modern and my new inspiration to workout daily. 



Photobucket


4 comments:

Judy said...

You are right on with your fashion style picks and the design room settings. No women will ever select colors, trends or accessories for her home that she isn't comfortable with wearing.

Leah N. said...

LOVE! I totally agree with Judy, our design style really does reflect our personal style. Too bad right now mine is toddler style! Thanks for the inspiration!

Copper + Walnut said...

Judy and Leah, thank you so much for your comments!

Jess said...

Great post! I read in Traditional Home this weekend about an interior designer looked into the client's closet to begin the home design process. Makes sense!