Monday, January 7, 2013

new years intentions



I am a total list girl. In fact, there are times I create lists that include tasks I've already completed just to feel the sheer satisfaction of checking a box. In years past these lists have included annual goals, or New Years Resolutions, that I set for myself. Whether it was career advancement, getting into better shape or finally tackling that one closet in my apartment/house that was a mess, I was strict about making sure these tasks were complete by December. This year feels different.
I follow many blogs regularly and not all of them are about furniture or design. The Everygirl is one of my favorite guilty pleasures and reading this post at the end of 2012 really hit home for me. The fact that we measure the success of our years based on the number of quantitative goals that we complete (or don't) seems misguided. For those of us that are goal oriented missing the mark or not finishing something we set out to do can be paralyzing. We end up creating our own hurdles.


So, 2013 is going to be different. Instead of resolutions I have given myself 6 general intentions to strive for this year. They aren't things that I can check off a list once completed but rather words that can pick me up when I stumble, remind me to celebrate when I succeed and most importantly to help me remember that I can create the life I dream of:

{Create my own happiness and fulfillment}

{Show gratitude more often and make sure those I love know it}

{Be present and learn to enjoy the ride} 

{Take more time for the things that feed my soul}

{Give back passionately}

{Organize} 


However you choose to approach the New Year I hope that you feel empowered to create the life you want to live.  In the spirit of my intentions I want to thank you all again for reading. We have a lot in store for 2013 and as you can see we've started by spiffing the place up a bit. I hope you enjoy our new "look" and continue to stay tuned as more exciting updates are announced. 

Photobucket

No comments: